Blogging is a fantastic way to get found online, share your expertise and build credibility. However, there is more to blogging than putting great ideas down on paper. With this in mind, here are 5 questions you should ask yourself if you’re just getting started with blogging.
- What keywords are my website visitors searching?
- How will I categorize my blog posts?
- What can I do to get people engaged with my blog posts?
- How can I make my blog posts reader-friendly?
- Is there a tool I can use to improve my blog or website’s SEO?
In addition you need to consider what is the most effective way to make your posts visible to Google and the other search engines out there.
A question that is continually asked is “How long should a blog post be?”. It has been a perennial topic of discussion: long, short, a specific number of words, and many other permutations.
Recent research has uncovered some of the influences that makes for a good blog post (see video below).