Panda – a year on!
The Panda updates have been a regularly commented on feature of search in the last 12 months since it burst onto the scene last year. Much has been said, criticised from some quarters and some horror stories reported.
In all, however, there is a general consensus that it has improved the overall quality of search results and the chest thumping was mainly from some providers caught in the cross-fire from low-quality and low-value content.
The following infographic by Search Engine Land gives a breakdown of each release and its effects.
Panda: The Timeline – Posts from Search Engine Land relating to each update:-
- Panda Update 1.0: Feb. 24, 2011
- Panda Update 2.0: April 11, 2011 (about 7 week gap)
- Panda Update 2.1: May 10, 2011 (about 4 week gap)
- Panda Update 2.2: June 16, 2011 (about 5 week gap)
- Panda Update 2.3: July 23, 2011 (about 5 week gap)
- Panda Update 2.4: August 12, 2011 (about 3 week gap)
- Panda Update 2.5: September 28, 2011 (about 7 week gap)
- Panda Update 3.0 : October 19, 2011 (about 3 week gap)
- Panda Update 3.1 : November 18, 2011 (about 3 week gap)
- Panda Update 3.2 : January 18, 2012 (about 8 week gap)
Has it impacted on you, if so how and what have you done to address it?