16 steps to better landing pages
& five of the biggest mistakes
Every page of your web site could be considered a landing page as depending on how effective your search optimisation strategy is a visitor could link to almost any page.
Ensuring that page is as relevant as possible and maintains the scent of search is difficult as the exact search used could relate to almost any content it contains.
Targeted landing pages
However, many landing pages appear after an ppc ad, e-mail link, targeted search result, or specific promotional URL has been created.
These can be more finely tuned and complement and play an important role in the success of any inbound marketing campaign.
These pages are in your direct control and can be specifically designed for visitors and offer the best chance to convince and convert your visitors into profitable leads and customers.
Infographic by- Invesp
Why you should Optimize your Landing Pages
1. Well designed landing pages help you to build confidence and trust among your visitors
2. Landing pages enhance user experience by eliminating distractions and providing clear Call to Action.
3. Increase your conversion rates
4. Maximize your campaign Return on Investment
5. Improve your site’s usability
16 Steps to Optimize your Landing Page
1. Know Your Visitors
2. Present A Clear Value Proposition
3. Post Relevant And Persuasive Content
4. Deliver a Consistent Message
5. Provide a Clear Call to Action
6. Balance Your Content And Images
7. Create A User-friendly Layout
8. Use Emotional Triggers
9. Remove Distractions
10. Don’t ask for too much Information
11. Build Trust
12. Respect Privacy
13. Use Testimonials
14. Keep it Simple
15. Test Every Component of Your Landing Page
16. Ensure Less Loading Time
Top 5 Landing Page Mistakes
1. Bad headline
2. Using main homepage as a landing page
3. Disconnect between Ad and Lading Page
4. Call To Action below the fold
5. Poorly designed form