- Study: How valuable is it to have keywords in your domain URL?
- Google changes ‘Ad’ label – what impact for marketers?
- Fast Mobile Page Load reduces Bounce Rate
- Web Design & UX Trends in 2017 [Infographic]
- Technical SEO is seeing a Renaissance
- RankBrain: four SEO tactics you’ll need to survive
- 6 SEO trends to get ready for
- Being mobile friendly even more important from May
- Google On AMP As a Ranking Signal
- Feeding Hummingbird To Improve Your On-Page SEO with Related Topics in Moz Pro
Monthly Archives: December 2010
Can Reading Level Search affect SEO?
On 14 December, on Google for Students blog, Google announced a new feature Reading Level search.
Found under Advanced Search it enables returned search results to be filtered by reading level of the page content.
Google Chrome – the operating system of the future?
Due to the widespread coverage of the Wikileaks fiasco you might not have noticed the launch by Google of its Chrome OS.
It was broadcast live on YouTube lasting 2+ hours during which new features for the browser and background to Chrome OS were outlined.
Yellow Pages Local Advertising – Is it worth it?
Just received, this morning, new edition of our local Yellow Pages covering the Edinburgh postcode area which includes Central Borders and Livingston areas.
If you have received your own you will have noticed that it is advertised on the front cover as New look, New content, New handy size.
It is indeed a new size and if handy means smaller, it is about a third smaller in page size, then yes ‘new handy size’.
Not sure about the new look as it looks very much like the old one although a new Local pages section has been added at the beginning but that looks about it!
As far as new content is concerned, checking a randomly opened Floor Cleaning & Treatment category there were 4 display ads in old directory but only 3 in the new one (25% less).