- 10 ways to convert more customers with psychology
- SEO’s Two Most Important Tactics
- Google starts using HTTPS as ranking signal!
- 3 Myths About Duplicate Content
- Author Photos are Gone: Does Google Authorship Still Have Value?
- Internet Marketing Edinburgh
- The Missed Value of Long Tail SEO
- Free Shipping or Fast Shipping?
- Facebook #hashtags–Just a waste of space?
- SEO – The shifting sands of optimisation
Monthly Archives: February 2010
US trade bodies adopt badge scheme
It’s almost an everyday occurence now for consumers visiting web sites to have ads displayed that are selected based on their previous online habits, including data from websites and services they have visited.
Behavioural targeting of advertising works on the principle that when you click on any displayed ad you are expressing an interest in the target content. That interest is recorded either locally by a cookie entry or by the adserver so that similar content can be pushed to you when next visiting ad supported sites.