- Study: How valuable is it to have keywords in your domain URL?
- Google changes ‘Ad’ label – what impact for marketers?
- Fast Mobile Page Load reduces Bounce Rate
- Web Design & UX Trends in 2017 [Infographic]
- Technical SEO is seeing a Renaissance
- RankBrain: four SEO tactics you’ll need to survive
- 6 SEO trends to get ready for
- Being mobile friendly even more important from May
- Google On AMP As a Ranking Signal
- Feeding Hummingbird To Improve Your On-Page SEO with Related Topics in Moz Pro
Monthly Archives: August 2009
OFT is to investigate ecommerce and behavioural targeting
The Office of Fair Trading (OFT), the UK consumer protection watchdog, has indicated that it will investigate internet advertising techniques and online pricing tactics that mislead consumers.
As part of its brief it will also include price comparison sites and the increasing application of behavioural targeting in relation to online advertising.
An outcome of the investigation could result in an industry code of practice on advertising and pricing if the OFT finds significant evidence of misleading, unfair or unethical behaviour being employed by online retailers.