- 10 Web Design Trends to boost Conversion in 2016
- Google Updates Search Quality Rating Guidelines
- 7 Steps to effective Product Photography
- Marketing in the digital age – the personal touch!
- Online Customer Reviews – How important are they?
- Onsite User Behaviour as a Ranking Signal
- Acquisition vs. Customer Retention Figures Misleading!
- Not being Mobile Friendly WILL affect your search rankings!
- Will mobile-friendly label hurt your search traffic?
- Black Friday, Cyber Monday – It’s Xmaaaa…s!
Monthly Archives: July 2009
Internet advertising on the increase but needs to be different than traditional model
It’s not surprising that there is a trend towards all the forms of internet advertising given the size of the mall and ‘footfall’ but…
If you can’t measure it, don’t do it!
… as Peter Drucker, regarded as the father of modern business management practice is noted for saying, “if you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it”.
And if you can’t manage it you can’t control its effects or impact on what you are trying to achieve.
I would go one step further and say that “if you can’t measure it, don’t do it!”. Unless, of course, you are prepared to make, at least, some small effort in the attempt.
And, I would add, that it should apply to every form of marketing activity regardless of the medium.
Search Engine Optimization – Why bother?
Each and every day there are thousands, if not millions, of new web sites launched and literally millions of web pages created, added, and updated competing for exposure and space in searchers browsers.
Difficult for new sites to get noticed
It is particularly difficult for new web sites to get indexed and found by interested visitors unless they are designed from the ground up to be search engine friendly.
Website optimisation – what good can it do?
Two sides of the same coin
SEO and WSO are two sides of the same coin! Both work to ensure your web site is successful but in different ways.
SEO builds traffic and drives visitors to your site and WSO converts them to paying customers & clients.